338 High St. View on Google Maps
Lyons, CO 80540
(Now Redstone Museum)
Originally a one room school, a second story constructed of wood was added in 1895. Some years later the wooden
structure succumbed to a Lyons’ windstorm, and in time and after being reduced in size, the building became overcrowded with 113 students. The solution was replacement of the deficient wooden structure with one made of
native stone in 1902. The building has defied the weather ever since, and eventually became the Lyons Redstone Museum with displays of many artifacts from the Lyons area.