Lyons Spring Clean 2019
This year, the Sustainable Futures Commission is sponsoring the Lyons RecycleMAYnia Spring Clean.The RecycleMAYnia Spring Clean annual cleanup day is at the Wastewater Treatment Plant, Saturday, May 18.
Please join us in these reducing, reusing, and recycling efforts, as we strive toward a more sustainable Lyons!
SATURDAY, MAY 18 | 9 A.M. TO 1 P.M.
On Saturday, May 18, 2019, the Lyons area cleanup day will take place at the Wastewater Treatment Plant, 198 2nd Avenue, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. This year, Lyons utility bills are not necessary to participate - area residents are welcome to bring items for recycling, donation, and disposal. The goal of this event is reduce landfill items by providing responsible disposal of items that otherwise could not be recycled locally.
Along with the items on the price list below, the following will also be accepted:
- Building and large household materials
- Outdoor play equipment
- Outdoor furniture
- Working appliances that can be re-purposed
- Lawn mowers with gas and oil removed from engines
Thrift items will not be accepted.
The following hazardous waste items will be accepted:
As part of Spring Clean Up Day, Town of Lyons residents may bring tree limbs (which will be chipped to mulch, by the County Forester) and/or yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, etc). But, if you can’t get your tree limbs to Spring Clean Up Day on Saturday, May 18, there will be another opportunity in June (date TBD) for a tree limb pickup.
The following criteria must be met, to be eligible for the curbside limb pickup in June:
- Chipable limbs only -- limbs and brush. No grass, loose yard waste, compost.
- Limbs must be less than 6" diameter, ideally, closer to 3" (baseball width).
- No construction debris or treated lumber.
- Limbs cut as straight as possible, laid cut end toward the curb.
- Neighbors are requested to consolidate piles where possible.
2019 Price List >>