Past Dates & Times
- Saturday, Feb 24, 2018 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
LaVern M. Johnson Park - 600 Park Dr.
On Saturday, February 24, from 2 to 6 p.m., the newly opened ice rink in LaVern M. Johnson Park will be the center of activities, of the first annual Lyons Chill Fest. The event, a co-production of the Lyons Area Chamber of Commerce and the Town of Lyons, is a community celebration of the winter season, recognizing Lyons businesses, organizations, and community.
The Chill Fest will include free ice skating and rentals, live music, libations, hot cocoa, snacks, and fun activities for the whole family. Local nonprofits and businesses will host booths and activities, and don’t miss the Lyons Polar Bear Club’s “Polar Plunge”, taking place in the adjacent North St. Vrain!
In addition, the Chamber will be giving away $5 vouchers, valid at any participating Lyons business! For the price of a quick survey, guests will attain a voucher, which will be redeemable for the remainder of the weekend.
All are invited to celebrate the chill season, with music, ice skating, hot cocoa, and keeping it local! Free event parking will be available.
Schedule of Events
All times subject to change
2pm-2:30pm Lucas Miller and Will Thomas
3:15pm-4pm Eben Grace
4:30pm-5:30pm Joe Kuckla and Irons in the Fire
2pm-4pm Free Skating
2:30pm Lyons Polar Bear Club Plunge
4pm-5pm or 5:30pm Turling (Turkey Curling) Tournament
5pm or 5:30pm-6pm Free Skating*
• Fill out a brief survey and get a $5 voucher for use toward a purchase at most businesses and restaurants in town (while supplies last)
• Photo scavenger hunt for kids throughout the day
• Prizes (door prizes, competition prizes) awarded throughout the day
• Ice cream from Lyons Dairy Bar
• Beer and BBQ sandwiches from Oskar Blues
• Soft drinks and snacks
• Booths from local organizations
*Rink will be open for skating after this time, but skates borrowed at the park must be returned by 6pm. Please bring ID to rent skates.