The Town of Lyons maintains the Dog Park Area. The ten-acre area is located on the south end of Bohn Park, and is the only designated off-leash area in Lyons.
HoursThe Dog Park is free and open to the public from dawn to dusk daily (unless closed for maintenance or special events).
Rules and RegulationsThe Dog Park is within the town limits of Lyons, and town ordinances are enforced. Handlers assume all responsibility for their dogs.
- Leash laws apply to all areas as you approach or exit the off-leash area; dogs must be leashed through the first gate when entering, and before passing the gate when exiting.
- Aggressive animals are prohibited and should not be brought to the off-leash dog area. Ill dogs or female dogs in heat are not permitted.
- Dogs must be supervised and under handlers control at all times.
- Handlers must dispose of dog feces properly and immediately in the provided receptacles.
- Dogs must be vaccinated and display proper licensing.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Limit of three (3) dogs per person.
- Human food is NOT allowed in the area.
Pet LicensingAll dogs over three months old must be licensed by the Town of Lyons. To obtain a dog license, visit www.townoflyons.com/dog, and complete the Town of Lyons Dog Registration Form. Applicants must provide a copy of a veterinarian’s certification of rabies vaccination. Fee(s): $30 for first license, $20 for each additional dog.
Licenses are valid May 1—April 30, each year.
Protect Your Pet!
- Provide lots of drinking water before & after exercise.
- Check ears and between toes for pesky seeds or thorns.
- Love ‘em & leash ‘em!
What's the Scoop on Poop?Dog feces is not only unsightly, but it can also contaminate storm water run‐off, ending up in our reservoirs, creeks, and other water supplies. Feces release harmful amounts of nitrogen fertlizer to the soil, which may encourage the spread of noxious weeds.
On or off‐leash, owners must scoop the poop!